You know when you go to a restaurant and get one of those baked potatoes that has the perfect salt rub on the outside and you think “I wish I knew how to do that?”
Well, that is this recipe. So now you know.
There are only 3 ingredients and this salt-rubbed baked potato recipe is a set-and-forget…or a set-and-finish-cooking-the-rest-of-your-meal recipe 😉 If you’ve seen my Instagram feed, you know I’ve been eating a lot of these lately.
All the recipes I make allow for there to be leftovers for future meals, so if you don’t want or don’t like leftovers, you will want to make smaller amounts (or give some away to friends!).
You can see in these photos the saltiness of the skins. This has the perfect amount of salt – not too salty. There are saltier recipes out there but I tend to like other salty foods, so I don’t need it in just one side dish.
From using both the microwaving and baking techniques, these potatoes come out soft and full of flavor.
I enjoy the taste of plain potatoes like this, but I do sometimes add a little ketchup or mustard.
There are a lot of fancier ways to dress up a plain potato, but the potato needs to be good first – then you can add the rest. This recipe will get you there.
If you want to make more varieties of potatoes, my Easy Sweet Potato Recipe is just as simple as this one. Sometimes having the basics down makes most recipes easier. Enjoy!
A simple salted baked potato recipe that uses only 3 ingredients and always comes out satisfying.
- 2 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 8 Small Russet Potatoes
- 2 Tsp Salt
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Scrub and rinse all potatoes then poke tiny holes in each potato with fork.
- Place potatoes on microwave safe plate, cover with wet paper towel.
- Microwave for 6 minutes then allow to cool for 1-2 minutes.
- Add salt to one small bowl and olive oil to another.
- Gently coat each potato with a thin layer of olive oil (will need to get hands oily) and then roll in salt bowl.
- Once coated, place all potatoes on aluminum foil on oven pan.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes and enjoy!
Nutrition per serving: 165 calories | 3.6g fat | 1.5g saturated fat | 31g carbs | 3.6g protein | 2.2g fiber | 1.1g sugar | 489mg sodium | 709mg potassium