I want you to watch this video I made (below) and take a few moments to think about the exciting things in your life. Do you actually have any?
If you don’t – time to make some changes!
I don’t mean do you skydive daily or do you jump in pits with snakes every weekend – yes that’s exciting but that’s not what I mean.
What I mean is: do you have a life you look forward to living?
It’s a combination of the little and the big things that keep us happy.
If we wake up everyday hating our bodies, hating our jobs and hating the people we are surrounded by, then we need to change those things. And yes, we CAN change them. We just need to muster up the courage to do it.
You need to give yourself permission to just go for it.
As I mention in the video, I left a job that was good but it was holding me back from what I truly wanted to do. I had to just go for what I wanted (which is 10x times for hard than just getting a job, I will tell you that!!)
We have to find excitement in the everyday things because the big excitements will not keep us going – the little things will.
I want to give you a few examples of what I mean when I talk about excitement so here are a few of mine:
- Eating pizza every Friday
- Nighttime walk-and-talks with the husband
- Drinking wine and watching a show on my laptop while cooking
- Having a little sweet treat each time I drink coffee
- Finding friends that are less concerned about the surface and more concerned about meaningful conversations, maintaining their integrity and supporting others
- Tagging the husband in memes
- Helping people realize something, anything, about health and fitness
- Trying new coffee drinks and random snacks
- Watching new muscles come in
- Knowing I have many more adventures to look forward to because I choose it
- Playing my Township town
- Those times when the book is so good I want to read and do nothing else
- Being proud of the work I’ve put into my body and staying a healthy body weight
Ultimately I have to be the one to recognize what things excite me and what things hold me back. You have to do the same.
Hold on to those things you really really enjoy – that you always look forward to – and put in effort to get rid of or change the things you do not.
Leave me a comment and let me know a few of the smaller things that keep you going in life 🙂